Our equipment loan service provides simple aids to daily living for disabled people, people recovering from surgery, elderly people and their carers to support lifelong independence.
There are two routes to loaning our equipment. If you feel that you or someone that you care for would benefit from help with daily living you can contact us directly to discuss private rental. Alternatively you can contact City of York Council's Occupational Therapy team for an assessment.
How it works
- Assessment details and equipment needed
- Delivery of equipment to your home address or alternative delivery address in York
- Self-collection facility for you, your carers, or healthcare professionals to pick up equipment during office hours
- Fitting and installation of equipment in your home, if requested by a healthcare professional
- Maintenance of equipment on loan to ensure statutory compliance
- Collection of equipment no longer required from your home address
- Equipment may be returned to Be Independent within our normal opening hours.
- Decontamination of returned equipment through our designated decontamination unit
- Repair and refurbishment of equipment where viable
How much does it cost?
Dependent on the outcome of your consultations and requirements, equipment is available to rent directly from us. Individual equipment pricing can be seen here
Some equipment is subsidised by City of York Council and subject to referral needs. Some equipment could be provided free of charge.
How to apply
To discuss private rental please call us on 01904 645000.
You can get in touch with City of York Council's assessment team on 01904 555111 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org